Satellite
  • Day 69

    Anna learns to surf

    July 14, 2015 in Peru ⋅ ☁️ 18 °C

    We had to switch rooms after breakfast to a slightly less posh hut (no tv or fridge) as we'd been given a free upgrade when we first got here but now that room is booked up.

    We headed down to the beach for some sunbaking but it was absolutely roasting. We stayed less than an hour then came back to lie in the shade by the pool and I dozed off for a while. I think the mix of drugs may be affecting my ability to sunbathe as my skin was tingling as if it was on fire for the rest of the day.

    We got a tuktuk to the doctors and they jabbed me again - other side this time due to the bruising from yesterday, not sure where they will jab me tomorrow!

    Then it was time for Anna's first surfing lesson (50S). Roberto, from our hostel, gave her a wetsuit with a huge hole in the bum. She struggled to get it on and as they were stretching on the beach you could hear it ripping even further!

    She did really well and caught several waves and stood up. There were no spectacular wipe outs and more surprisingly, no injuries!!

    Dinner was a quick burger and burrito plus brownies at our 'regular' street food joint (21S).
    Read more