Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 18

    Hornillos del Camino

    October 5, 2023 in Spain ⋅ ☀️ 50 °F

    This morning we left Burgos, a big medieval city, and walked out into the rolling plain called La Meseta where we will be for several days.

    Last night and this morning we were able to get up close to the cathedral in Burgos. It was built in the 1200’s, and it is huge! Burgos has lots of pretty green spaces. At night the streets were full of people out for a good time.

    As we walked out of Burgos this morning we got into the country really fast. We saw another shepherd with his sheep. It’s really cool to watch the shepherd direct the dogs who in turn let the sheep know what’s what.

    On the way out of one of the two tiny pueblos we visited between Burgos and here (Hornillos del Camino) we saw a little chapel open so we went in to check it out. There was a tiny nun in there who put her hands on our heads and prayed for us to have a safe Camino! She even gave us these little religious medals to wear around our necks.

    It’s very isolated out here where we’ll be for the next few days. We are still in a private room but in an albergue. Tonight we’re having communal dinner with about forty people at the big tables here.
    Read more