Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 18

    Alicante

    September 10, 2023 in Spain ⋅ ☁️ 28 °C

    Up nice and early for a run to the beach for a bit of a reccie. Bit further out from where we’re camped so wanted to see if it’s worth walking there with the inflatable ring et al or drive. Conclusion: let’s drive! Hehe. It was nice but we did need to crack on so we drove down there anyway, nice and yellow sand, some bigger waves. A nudist beach too! Quite common down this stretch. We walked up and down for a stretch then back to the van. There was a large sand dune there, nowhere near as big as the France one but still a good view.
    We then drove on just past Alicante. Traffic is a lot busier on these roads now where up until this region, there’s barely anyone on the carriageways.
    Found our Aire for the next couple of days and, again, only a short walking distance to the sea. Which is where we headed once set up. Very windy though and done relatively large waves. Had a bit of fun bobbing about in them then only sat out on the beach for a bit as it clouded over for quite a while. Went for a walk for some shopping, forgetting that a) some shops are shut on a Sunday b) some shops shut mid afternoon. Found what we wanted then headed back for a FaceTime with nanny/grandad. Bit of dinner then back to the beach for ice cream. Very windy in the evening so came back to the site, and played games/watched a bit of telly indoors. Bit cooler last night which was lovely.
    Read more