Satelit
Tampilkan pada peta
  • Hari 19

    Alicante, part 2

    11 September 2023, Spanyol ⋅ ⛅ 29 °C

    Didn’t have much planned today. Wanted to distract myself from worrying if Alex & fam could make it out the next day or not due to the babe. We decided to take the tram to Alicante city. Stops are all along the sea front and only €1.45 each for half hour journey. Once in to Alicante, we ambled around the city for a bit, walking aimlessly. Looked for their market but only really meat/cheese, other markets are on different days. Had a quick look at the castle on the hill, walked along the fancy marina then headed to the modern art museum - closed! It was right next to the beautiful 17th century Basílica De Santa Maria though with a stunning decorative front. They just don’t make buildings like that any more. Stopped for a quick drink then got the tram back, bit of food shopping on the way. Time to hit the beach. Got to use my inflatable ring on the waves, great fun though a bit too ‘dirty’ for Gary’s liking. Just the sand/seaweed being churned up by the waves. Sunbathed for a while then got back, sorted ourselves and decided to eat out. Very nice Spanish restaurant. Got the green light from Alex that they’re good to travel so very relieved.
    Walked back to van and played a few more rounds of Rummikub (our go-to game) before bed.
    Nice sunrise run this morning. Looking forward to having a break from campsites/aires for a bit.
    Baca selengkapnya