Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 30

    El Nido Diving!!

    May 3, 2023 on the Philippines ⋅ 🌩️ 28 °C

    Diving! We went on our first fun dives with @200BarDive in El Nido and our dive master Errol. We had another British girl with us and a boat of other fun people. It was great not to have a full boat and just the 10-12 of us on the smaller speed boat.

    Site 1 for the day was at Nat Nat. We dived to about 17-18m and saw loads of fish. On the descent, I came very close to standing on a Stingray on the sandy floor. We saw a couple of puffer fish, sea cucumber, a huge trigger fish, loads of clown fish and parrotfish.
    Highlight: watching two cuttlefish (male and female) interact and the colour changes that the male displays for mating. Who knew cuttlefish were so cool!!?!!

    Site 2 - Helicopter island or as Errol says ‘drumstick island if you’re hungry … because it looks like a drumstick’. We saw colourful coral, electric clam, poisonous lion fish, razor fish and schools of other small, curious and cheeky fish.
    Highlight: We saw a turtle!! Super mellow guy just at the bottom of the sandy floor eating seaweed. It would follow wherever the seaweed went and even went up to the surface and back down towards/on top of us again.

    One of the highlights from our trip so far! The water clarity was incredible and the ocean is so clean out here. They really do a great job preserving their environment in El Nido. Let hope it can continue to be el nido/the best for the turtles!
    Read more