Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 32

    Last days in El Nido

    May 5, 2023 on the Philippines ⋅ 🌩️ 26 °C

    Lio Beach, Scuba El Nido round #2, Nacpan Beach, Vanilla Beach, Maremegmeg and Las Cabañas.

    Rounded off the Philippines trip with another round of scuba. This time we went to North Entalula and South Miniloc. Interesting underwater topography but quite a bit of current meant that we couldn’t safely get to the areas with loads of marine life. Still a cool experience to be able to swim alongside a 30m wall underwater at Entalula and to experience the current wall that can exist in a channel between two islands at South Miniloc.
    Miniloc was the site we were most excited for because of the thousands of snapper and 700+ different forms of marine life out there! Both of us had fun either way and are becoming so much more comfortable with the process of ascending, descending and just being underwater in general.

    We didn’t want to waste our last full day so that afternoon we took a tricycle for $1200 return to Nacpan beach 40 minutes away. Such a beautiful beach that stretches up the coast. Perfect spot for sunbathing and swimming although sea lice are such a pain! Right now there are harmless spots and rashes all the arms and legs!

    Although the rain really bucketed down for periods, we were so lucky and got patches of sunshine while we were at Nacpan and when we got to Las Cabañas beach for sunset. No actual setting of the sun was witnessed but the bright colours that made the sky light up were well worth it!

    Side note: frogs in sewer tunnels sound like a baby cow stuck in a drain
    Read more