Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 35–39

    Buenos Aires

    May 8 in Argentina ⋅ ☁️ 17 °C

    Buenos Aires marked the end of the tour for the majority of the group and the point we would start the final leg of the South American trip. After our flight from Salta landed and we checked into our hotel, where we met one of our group members, Moyo. We headed out for dinner at a recommended steakhouse and some drinks.
    The next day we were taken for an orientation walk of Buenos Aires by our guide. We saw ... Cathedral, walked by .... River and then walked to the famous La Boca neighborhood, home of the famous colourful buildings and the biggest football club in Argentina; Boca Juniors. It was interesting to see how empty and quiet Buenos Aires was on this day because there was a strike going on.
    Later that day, we had the opportunity to go watch a Copa Libertores (South American Champions League) match between San Lorenzo (Buenos Aires) and Independiente de Valle (Ecuador). The atmosphere was an amazing, especially when the home team who were the underdogs scored and ultimately won the game. The game was followed up with a final night out as a group, where we we to this really cool underground bar, that you entered like a Subway station to enter.
    The third & fourth days were hard as it was when we had to start saying goodbye to the friends we had made over the last month as they would be leaving over the next 48hrs. So one by one, we said our goodbyes to our old group before we met our new group for the last leg of the trip. On the last day we went to the iconic ... cafe that had some amazing churros and hot chocolate before returning to La Boca which was an entirely different atmosphere and very busy with it being the weekend and the strike having ended. The afternoon of the last day we went for a walk around ... Square and saw the monument.

    Day 4 Saturday

    Steak Parmi
    Walk around
    Football
    Night out
    New group
    Churros
    La Boca Round 2
    Monument
    Read more