Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 16

    Leaving Toowoomba, QLD

    March 6, 2022 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 27 °C

    Well. What a week it has been.

    The van flooded on Friday morning. The inlet valve burst. Woke up ankle deep in water and Dick floating about in his bed.

    The Repair Centre sent someone out to replace the valve and help me clear up. We'll say no more about that and hope that's it for faults with the van.

    Dick ripped off a dew claw chasing a Moorhen into the lake and had to go to the Dog Doctor for a posh bandage and painkillers. He milked that for all it was worth. Had three lady vets cooing at him and telling him how handsome and shiny he is.

    Sensing an opportunity for treats, he went through his entire repertoire of party tricks then looked hopefully towards the treat jar. To gales of laughter from the vets and receptionist who stuffed him full of treats.
    Good lad. I have taught him well.

    The Pajero had its spare wheel and tow hitch lifted, and now they can't get the posh hard cover back on. Back to Mitsubishi first thing tomorrow morning for them to, I don't know, sellotape it on?

    Went to the Farmer's Markets Saturday morning, they were very good. Bought some chai chilli tea for when Sue's stash runs out and some treats for the mutt.

    Went with some of my new buddies to the Golf Club for an 'All You Can Eat' breakfast. And I did. Ate everything possible. There were hash brown AND mushrooms. And pancakes. #drool

    Picked up the new bike, been having lots of fun on that. There is no bike rack that is suitable for the rear of the van. It can only go on the front. Where I can't have anymore weight. So will find out tomorrow whether it fits inside the van door, and I'll have to strap it to the bed.

    We leave for Warwick tomorrow morning. We're ready for a change. We saw very little of Toowoomba other than the inside of caravan repair centres, supermarkets and Mitsubishi workshops.

    It has rained every single day. Dick saw an awful lot of the tracks around the lakes, the feathery bottoms of the Moorhens he likes to chase...and the inside of his eyelids.
    Read more