Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    People watching

    September 26, 2017 in France ⋅ ⛅ 17 °C

    Instead of a day trip to the Castle of Versailles we decided to have a relaxing day, sitting on street corners and people watch.

    Our first little Boulangerie was a beautiful little cafe on a street corner that seemed quiet at first but little did we know how many people walk by and grab an espresso from this Boulangerie.

    A story unfolds right next to us that would probably stay with me way longer than some old Castle would.
    The old lady in the red hat next to us came and sat down with her cup of expresso and a pastry for breakfast, the poor sole clearly has Parkinson's and her hand shook so much when se put the tray with the coffee down that the little cup fell over and spilled her coffee. She did not notice it at first as she was to busy shifting her chair to the right spot.
    When she looked down to enjoy her expresso she saw there was nothing left and she outed the word "Merte!!!", without asking Isabel what that meant I instantly knew what the poor lady said. She salvaged what was left of the expresso in the tray and went back inside to get another one, just to come back outside sit down for about 40 seconds to finish cup number 2 and walk off. She's probably better off just drinking it at the counter like so many french people do.

    {Roedolf}
    Read more