Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    9 Bariloche Circuito Chico and Llao Llao

    November 15, 2023 in Argentina ⋅ 🌫 5 °C

    After a better night’s sleep - it was a warmer night - and I had bought another sleeping bag too! The night did have some excitement as Andy had a nightmare ! Awake for five or so minutes , he raved about how I was telling him to get out of the tent , couldn’t find the door or his shoes and supposedly I was particularly concerned about people who were stealing things from the tent ! Most odd - he had no recollection of the event ! It brought back memories of his spiders on the wall incident from our New York trip of 78!
    Andrew slept well - I was awake for about half an hour wondering what the hell that was all about ! I guess he was tired!

    Breakfast sorted we head out to do the circuito chico , a heavily forested nature park with treks ! We are warned that some of it is closed due the severe weather ! Confused as it’s slightly windy we just did it with sun shining , some drizzle and some wind ! Odd!
    We did 10 miles of great views of huge trees - a mixture of myrtle (Arrayanes ) and conifers , pines , firs , cedars and Southern beech !
    There are great views of Mirador Lago Moreno and the snow capped mountains but the mist is coming in slowly. We make it to the top of Llao Llao for some windy views !
    There are some sights on the woodland walk of the national flower , the ceibo. Also the
    occasional bird with a red beak who blocks our path!

    The promised rain hasn’t arrived and it’s another sunny day !

    Back at the ranch two of the ladies have been ill and it’s covid - the big brother conspiracy theory is rife - they’re off the bus for five days ! We all take precautions !

    The bar at the end of the street beckons and we sample
    Read more