Satellitt
  • Dag 89

    Blowholes and Quobba Station

    27. februar 2020, Australia ⋅ ☀️ 27 °C

    After our stop in Gladstone Bay, we went to Carnarvon for stocking up. We found a place to fill up our water bottles and bought some food as well. Then we went for a lunch break to a nice picnic area closed to the ocean.
    After lunch, we left Carnarvon and went to Point Quobba and the blowholes there.
    This time we were lucky and the blowholes we're blowing. Not very often, but we got to see some nice blows. It's a super rough coastline here and you can see the power of the ocean clearly.
    Pretty cool place to stop and just watch for a while. Everywhere around us are small salt pits on the rocks!
    Small holes that were once filled with seawater and now it's only salt left! Pretty cool to see, they look like ice, but with still over 30 degrees it's to warm for ice here 😉😂

    After that we took the bumpy drive to Quobba Station where we will stay for tonight. It's really in the middle of nowhere but a really nice place with super friendly owners and their dog!

    It was hard to find a place to put up our tents that was sheltered from the wind. It's blowing like hell now and it was not easy to build up our tents and get them stable enough to hopefully survive the night.

    After that, we started to cook and eat. After a hot shower, we went to bed early as we were very tired after a long day.
    Les mer