Satellite
  • Day 100

    Perth - Melbourne - Ballarat

    March 9, 2020 in Australia ⋅ ☁️ 21 °C

    The night was short for me, at 3.05 am my alarm woke me up.
    I got ready and fixed some sandwiches and a cup of tea for breakfast. Unfortunately, I was cutting myself in the finger, half asleep it’s not easy cutting cheese with a semi-sharp knife... 😬😕
    But it’s still sharp enough to have me a bad and deep cut in the finger...
    A great start in the day.

    Shortly before 4 am I was ready and had packed down all so I left the room to walk over to the reception where my airport shuttle was already waiting for me.

    It to only 10 min to drive to Terminal 2 and I was checked in, drop off my bag and through the security check-in another 10 min.
    So I had still sooo much time over until it was time for boarding.

    We left Perth around 5.30 am and I was so tired that I tried to sleep a little bit straight away and I actually think I did felt asleep for like 20 min or so.

    Than it was time for breakfast.
    I really like to fly with Virgin Australia. Even though it’s only taking 3 1/2 hours to Melbourne we get a free meal. So nice!

    We arrived in Melbourne at 11.45 am, Melbourne is 3 hours ahead of Perth.
    12.15 pm I had my bag and was already sitting in the Skybus to the city.
    The bus left the airport around 12.24 and arrived at the Southern Cross Station at 12.50 pm.
    I went straight away to find a ticket shop and bought a ticket for the train to Ballarat and had then to walk to the last end of the airport to get straight away into the train that was leaving at 13.16 pm.
    Everything was so easy and went so well, I couldn't believe it!

    The train ride was nice and calm and I arrived in Ballarat at 14.44 and shortly after me Marika showed up to pick me up 🤗
    The next couple of days/ probably weeks I will spend with her.

    We stopped fast to buy some food and then we went to the stable where she is working now and she drove around the super big property to show me everything.
    Oh my god, this stable is huge!!! Really big, many horses and even an own vet clinic!

    I will stay with her and two of her colleagues plus the girlfriend from one of them in the same, super big house. I have got even my own room!!
    Everyone is super friendly and is welcoming me with open arms. So nice!

    We had the rest of the afternoon a calm and relaxed time, I was super tired and even Marika was very tired so we were only sitting around talking for a couple of hours.

    In the evening big we were cooking together, pasta with halloumi, mushrooms and a nice self-made sauce. Ahh, very good!

    We both went to bed early, around 9 pm or so?
    Read more