Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 359

    And the fun continues

    March 17, 2020 in France ⋅ 🌙 13 °C

    As of midday today the restrictions got tighter, it is our understanding that for the next 15 days minimum we can now undertake only essential travel. So we won’t be moving for a while bummer! We can only go out to buy supplies, exercise and go to work. I think this is very similar to the UK regulations. I am just pleased I can exercise outside otherwise I think I really would go stir crazy 😜. We are going to use the extra time for more maintenance luckily it’s a never ending project.
    On a more positive note yesterday we walked, along the cycle path, to the Tour Carbonnerie which used to guard the only road to Aigues-Mortes. You had to actually pass through the base of the tower. We were amazed to see these large otter/rat creatures eating reed bulbs, we now know they are Coypu, not native to France they introduced for fur I think we read but are now considered a nuisance as they ‘destroy the river banks’ having seen the way the hire boat captains speed along I am pretty sure they do a lot more damage than the Coypu, but they don’t generate any revenue so are easier to blame. We also saw the usual flamingos, swans, herons, greater egrets, egrets, coots, mallards, kingfishers, cormorants, glossy ibis, gulls and terns. We also spotted a dead snake! This morning we rode along the Via Rhône bike track to Galician, we only saw the Coypu trails but lots and lots of birds. I borrowed tnese photos from Facebook as we didn’t take the camera, sorry.
    Keep healthy everyone.
    Read more