Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 361

    Canal and port closures

    March 19, 2020 in France ⋅ 🌙 12 °C

    Latest news is that no movement is allowed on the French canals until at least April 20th. Not great news but we’re OK and able to continue working on the boat so keeping busy.
    Not sure how much fun we will have when the weather changes but at the moment it’s wall to wall sunshine and definitely shorts and T-shirt weather. We are still allowed limited movement and our attestation is checked for regularly by the wandering gendarmerie. We are trying to buy our grocery needs from the smaller shops rather than the supermarkets to try to help the local economy as much as we can and there were a few stalls at the Wednesday market. Hopefully things don’t get any stricter we can at the moment go to the port showers and toilets. I hope we don’t have to start using on board as the tanks only hold a limited amount and a months worth of flushing by two people would probably be too much, not nice for anyone down stream! The showering on board would be OK that goes directly out and we have eco friendly toiletries, but at the moment the dinghy is deflated, rolled up and stored in the shower so there is no room for us!
    My advice to anyone not already on limited movement would be to plan some activities and buy the things you will need in preparation. We wish we had more Sikaflex and I would like more wool but at the moment there is no means for us to get anything as the capitainerie is closed. We are going to try to find out if the post office does Post Restante and if we can still use it?
    Keep well everyone 🤞
    Read more