Satellit
Auf Karte anzeigen
  • Tag 22

    Hermanus

    5. Mai 2023 in Südafrika ⋅ ☀️ 19 °C

    Today was the last day of my first tour group. After breakfast we drove to Hermanus and walked along the promenade. This was where we said goodbye to Liz as her mother came to collect her. Liz had not seen her mother since 2018 so there was a heartwarming reunion. Her mother's 92nd birthday is next week but she looks at least 10 years younger. Liz was the lady who went to school with Arthur Cummings so her mother was delighted to meet me too.

    We drove through Hermanus to Stony Point and we walked along the boardwalk searching for penguins. A lot of the penguins were out fishing for the day but there was some penguins walking around and resting under rocks. We had fun watching the penguins waddle to the water edge and enjoy the waves of the water.

    I sat in the front with Shorty for our drive along the coast to Cape Town. It was one of the most beautiful coastal roads I have seen. The huge mountains were on one side while the blue sea was on the other one. This road has been voted as one of the best coastal drives around the world and I can understand why.

    Before reaching Cape Town we drove through the vineyard area. We stopped in Stellenbosch to have lunch and then did wine tasting in Fairview in Paarl.

    The tour ended on the outskirts of Cape Town. I have travelled with a few different but I would say this group was one of the best. I felt that we bonded really well even when some people left and new people joined the group. There was no conflict or negative energy and everyone enjoyed the company of our tour guides. It was sad saying goodbye to our group and you could see everyone was trying to hold back tears.
    Weiterlesen