Satelliet
Weergeven op kaart
  • Dag 5

    Day 4 - Roma Parade & The Mucha Museum

    31 mei 2019, Tsjechië ⋅ ⛅ 19 °C

    We weren't sure what to expect re: the Roma parade since the degree of publicity typical of an international, annual event was not evident. This, in sharp contrast to Prague's Spring Festival where posters abound!

    The parade kicked off at noon sharp and those in it had passed by us in five minutes. Shortest parade ever! The colorful costumes & music were wonderful! A perfect example (maybe) of 'Less is More'.

    Off we went to the Mucha Museum after finding out the Cafe Europa had been closed for 5 years. Don't know how I missed that in my online research. 😕

    A wonderful lady welcomed us to the museum & later recommended a cafe (we couldn't find it) that was less touristy, better food & less expensive than the one we eventually went to.

    The display of Mucha's art was impressive. Even more so was learning about his 'Slav Epic' work which I was unfamiliar with. It took him 18 years to produce 20 canvasses as a means of freeing the Slavs & depicting their culture. He wanted to build a strong feeling of national consciousness and when they were freed, felt he had achieved that.

    A quick stop at Lucerna Passage to see David Cerny's 'Horse', followed by lunch at the Styl & Interier Cafe. A little garden cafe with a relaxing atmosphere. You'd never know a busy traffic area was outside its entrance. Re-energized, we looked for more street art on our way 'home'.
    Meer informatie