Satelliet
Weergeven op kaart
  • Dag 38–39

    Lichfield NP - Lake Argyle

    14 mei, Australië ⋅ ☁️ 19 °C

    Left Darwin to drive to Bachelor for our trip into Lichfield National Park. Unfortunately, Wangi Falls was closed, so we just drove to Florence Falls, where we parked the car and caravan. ( We couldn't take the caravan into Buley Rockholes )
    We walked the 3.4 km return path to the stunning Buley Rockholes after taking photos of Florence Falls. Here (BR), we spent quite some time in the water before walking back to the car in our wet bathers. It was pretty hot!
    There were quite a few different caravan parks in Lichfield if one wanted to stay there. During our time here, we drove over a snake and saw evidence of plenty of controlled burns along the roadside.
    Back to Katherine and then on to " Limestone Creek" our free campsite overnight. Well kept "Rest Stops" with rubbish bins and ok toilets, but close to the road.
    Left a bit later than normal the next morning, as we're trying to adjust to WA time!
    This was a spectacular drive today through the Victoria River Region. The photos don't do it justice, really, but I tried! There were lots of roaming cattle, and we saw a wild pig feeding on roadkill on the road. White flowering gums, yellow Kapoc trees, and pink wildflowers also lined the side of the road. It was such an amazing, spiritual drive today.
    Arrived at Lake Argyle around 1.30pm, and the drive-in was terrific. ( I'm running out of superlatives to describe this amazing part of the country.)
    I love Lake Argyle with its beautiful infinity pool and surrounds. That's all for today.
    Meer informatie