Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 48

    Barcrlona 17th June

    June 17, 2023 in Spain ⋅ ☀️ 26 °C

    Fist full day in Barcelona! Our walking guide turned up to our hotel and sat us down with the map and explained the layout and some history of the city before setting off.
    Three hours of walking snd talking, meant that he certainly earn his wages! The temperature keep rising, and we started wilting. In future we will make sure that we stop for a drink half way! Great to get all the history and current information. This was followed by the ladies attempting to visit every jewellery shop we could. We cannot fit much in our luggage so we are ‘reduced’ to looking at jewellery!
    Guys delighted with this pass-time🤣!
    We managed to walk to the waterfront and saw some very fancy vessels anchored there.
    We cannot believe the frantic shopping that takes place at about 6pm. We are assuming that’s when people leave work, but it’s difficult to discern who are tourists and who are locals. It was so busy today, but pleasant in a temp of 28c and above. We have learnt to walk on the shady side of the street! Tonight we went ‘foraging’ for dinner, along with what seemed to be the rest of the planet! After about 30 mins looking, and with the streets getting busier we eventually found a Tapas Restaurant and throughly enjoyed it. They could only fit us in the basement, but this is where the tapas deserts were bring created! Great to watch! I had churros and chocolate, (in the interest of science), which fortunately, were freshly made. Ok but I don’t need them again in a hurry. Back to the hotel to work out how to get to the Sagrada Familia tomorrow.
    Euan has developed a smart spreadsheet on his phone which enables us to split the restaurant bills and keep track of payments. It seems to be working very well. We would be run out of town if we tried to get them to split the bill🤨
    Read more