Satellite
Afficher sur la carte
  • Jour 49

    Sagrada Familia & Parc Guell.

    18 juin 2023, Espagne ⋅ ☁️ 27 °C

    Up bright & early to start our trip to the Sagrada Familia, etc. Eke needed a Dr last night, he arrived on a motor bike 10.45pm. There are two on each shift; it’s faster than other services and saved ED from being cluttered up! We could learn something perhaps 🤣, (if we were capable of avoiding the ‘not invented here’ syndrome). He had a full kit of Med equipment, and gave her a IM injection to get sorted quickly before Anton could get the scripts this am! I call that service!
    We headed off to the Sagrada Familia which turned out to be about an hours walk. The building was amazing, outside, but especially inside. There were lots of people already lined up with appointment times when we arrived and the apse below was the size of a very large church where Mass was being held. All the while hundreds of people were viewing the ‘temple’ as they called it. After all the dark and dreary cathedrals we have visited it was bright and inviting! Still a bit of work to go on the outside. The sculptures were very lifelike - based on people Gaudli knew.
    After this we walked to the Guell gardens, again designed by Gaudi. Here strange structures and buildings (many with mosaics) were the feature. We did a lot of climbing up steps and down.
    We tried unsuccessfully to use an Urber to get back to the hotel, but their six passenger van wasn’t available, so we trekked a long way back, then had an adventure taking the metro! Our reward was to stay and have dinner at the hotel up on the terrace tonight. No one could face going and searching for a restaurant!
    En savoir plus