Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 70

    Moved from 458 to 481

    July 11, 2021 in the United States ⋅ ☁️ 52 °F

    We woke up to an overcast morning with one small patch of blue in the sky. The wind was strong. No rain, though.

    Since the rig in the waterfront site that we were due to move into showed no indication of leaving until the 11:00a check-out time, we went for a wander around Seward, stopping at our favorite café — the Sea Bean — to pick up a lemon-basil croissant to share and an iced coffee for Mui. The place was hopping — as it seems everywhere around Seward is. Although we’re fully-vaccinated, we have taken to wearing our masks again in light of such crowds.

    By the time we came back around 10:45a, the “dance of the rigs” was well underway. It was obvious that we weren’t the only ones moving from the less desirable second or third row to the first row … with unobstructed views of Resurrection Bay. We’ll be in #481 for our remaining two nights in Seward.

    When we came to Seward in 2010 we had only recently purchased our Phaeton, the rig that we replaced with the Cruiser when we decided to settle down in Colorado Springs. At the time, we saw all the rigs parked along the waterfront and said that we would join them someday. Well, 11 years later, here we are.
    Read more