Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 31

    Atlantic Crossing … Day 2

    October 28, 2022, North Atlantic Ocean ⋅ 🌙 18 °F

    Really, I have nothing to write about. Well, nothing exciting that is.

    After an exceptionally rocky night, we were both up early this morning. Instead of going up to the Oceanview Café for breakfast, we went down to Grand Cuvée … a nice change of pace.

    The rest of the day found me on the veranda … except to get some exercise by walking around the ship since it was too windy to go out on the jogging track. Mui had lunch at the Oceanview Café … brought me back sometime light to nibble on. Happy hour on the veranda after Mui woke up from his nap.

    For dinner, we went down to Grand Cuvée. We went a little later since we had no desire to go to the show featuring the Flyboys (remember, we were disappointed the first time around). We had just finished ordering our meal when Chef Halim stopped by to say hi. He’s been asking if he could prepare us something special. Since we were just beginning our meal, he insisted on preparing a popular Turkish salad … çoban salatası (shepherd’s salad). A nice gesture that we appreciated.

    And that’s a wrap of our second day at sea … which will see us falling back another hour … for a total two-hour gain thus far.

    Distance Remaining to Miami: 2,327 NM
    Read more