Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    At the Sheraton Gateway YYZ

    September 3, 2023 in Canada ⋅ ☁️ 88 °F

    An uneventful travel day. Every step went like clockwork. No delays. No mishaps. What more could we ask for?

    We deplaned at YYZ around 3:15p and processed through immigration quickly … partly because we were directed to the automated kiosks by a harried woman inundated by passengers descending on immigration all at the same time. Methinks, we made a wrong turn somewhere as we ended up at a counter manned by an immigration agent. No matter. He smiled, scanned our passports, and gave us a slip of paper that got us through without hassle.

    Collecting our bags, we handed in the slip of paper to a customs agent and exited out of the secure area. Before long, we were on the inter-terminal train to the Sheraton Gateway at Terminal 3. A few more minutes to check in and get our room keycards. Thus we put a period at the end of our travel day.

    Since we have access to the Club Lounge, we have settled ourselves there … waiting for the “included appetizers” to make an appearance. A light snack instead of a heavy meal seems like the way to go. Maybe with a glass of wine to accompany the food!

    And that’s a wrap for today. Tomorrow we have some sightseeing with friends to add fun to our day before we begin the long haul across “The Pond.”
    Read more