Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    Warmun to Lake Argyle

    May 5, 2023 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 26 °C

    We had a little slower morning and left for our final destination at around 7.30. Kununurra is only about 180km from the Warmun so we took it easy and enjoyed the beautiful and scenic drive.
    Kununurra surprised as a little as we were expecting it to be a much smaller town. We decided to have a cooked breakfast and stopped by at the Mango Cafe, sitting outside enjoying the warm weather. Not even 5 minute in and there is a car passing by with the Moir clan! How lovely to see them all.
    We chatted for a bit and than headed our own ways just to bump into each other a few more times at different spots - hmmm maybe the town is not that big after all…
    I was very pleased to find the mosquito device that I have left behind in Karalundi. After yesterday’s vicious mosquito attack we should be covered from now on.
    We arrived to Lake Argyle after 1pm and were very happy not having to wait to check in until 3pm as per the initial instructions. Our site is comfy with some trees around providing a shade. It is not completely levelled so we may have some blood head rush tonight hehehe.
    Following the race induction meeting, Rod, Kat and I loaded our Kayak on Lars’s boat, gave him all the food and drinks for tomorrow and should be all set.
    The evening finished with a very tasty lasagna made by Sally and transported to Lake Argyle frozen in Rod’s luggage and fresh salad.
    We got some briefing from the M team so hopefully all will be good tomorrow. We will meet at 6.10 am. Let the fun begin…
    Read more