Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Lagoon Cove to Kwatsi Bay

    June 20, 2023 in Canada ⋅ ☀️ 18 °C

    After sleeping in till 8:00 am, and after a leisurely morning, we left Lagoon Cove at about 11:30 am. Kwatsi Bay was not far, so we took our time cruising there.

    We left Lagoon Cove and went around the west side of Minstral Island to Knight Inlet. After two or three nautical miles along Knight Inlet, we turned northeast up into Tribune Channel. We wound through Tribune Channel past Thompson Sound and Bond Sound and into Kwatsi Bay.

    The trip was beautiful, and around every turn was another amazing vista. You almost want to pinch yourself to make sure you're not just dreaming up this magnificent place. Along the way, A Great Escape and Scout saw a pod of dolphins, and Scout and Yin & Yang saw a black bear.

    There is an abandoned marina in Kwatsi Bay. From the pictures in our guidebook, it looks like it was once a beautiful place. Now it is abandoned, and the docks are in complete disrepair.

    We all anchored at the end of Kwatsi Bay and hopped into A Great Escape's tender for a tour around the bay. We joined A Great Escape on their deck for appetizers, went back our own boats for supper, and then finished the evening with a game of dice with Scout.
    Read more