Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    Echo Bay Day Two

    June 22, 2023 in Canada ⋅ ⛅ 18 °C

    In the morning after breakfast, I wandered up to the marina store, and Darren was there getting ready for the mail airplane. Yvonne Maximchuk, a local artist, also arrived, and we all chit chatted for a bit. Other members of our group wandered in, and we all paid for our moorage, laundry, snacks, etc. Lisa from Scout knew of Yvonne and had wanted to visit her studio, so we decided to paddle over. Lisa was on her paddle board, and I was in my kayak, and we paddled around the corner to SeaRose Studio.

    The studio is on the lower level of Yvonne Maximchuk and her husband, Albert's home. Yvonne paints seascapes, landscapes, portraits, and wildlife in acrylic and watercolour and is also an accomplished potter. We had a lovely chat with Yvonne, and I bought a little vase. We thought the rest of the group was going to join us, but we saw no sign of them, so we paddled back to Echo Bay in slightly choppy seas.

    As we got back to Echo Bay, our fellow travelers were just getting ready to go to SeaRose Studio. We jumped in the tender with them and went back. We had another wonderful visit with Yvonne and Albert, and they ended up giving us a little tour of their property. Unfortunately, for health reasons, they are hoping to sell and move closer to medical facilities. It's a beautiful, tranquil spot, and I'm sure they will find it hard to leave.

    After leaving SeaRose Studios, we stopped off at Billy's place for another quick visit. We found Billy sitting outside his museum enjoying the sunny day. A Great Escape dropped off some treats for Billy, and we made our way back to Echo Bay.

    After Happy Hour on the dock, we went our separate ways for the evening.
    Read more