Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    Echo Bay to Sullivan Bay

    June 23, 2023 in Canada ⋅ ☀️ 18 °C

    We awoke to a cloudy chilly morning, but our experience of the last few days has taught us that the clouds eventually burn off to reveal a beautiful blue sky. Sure enough, by about 10:30 am, the sun was starting to shine through.

    We had a leisurely morning, and I did a load of laundry before we left Echo Bay. We cruised through Raleigh Passage to Penphrase Passage, then around Stackhouse Island into Sutlej Channel, finishing in Sullivan Bay. The water was glassy calm, and we had beautiful views behind us of snowcapped mountains.

    Sullivan Bay is a lovely marina and collection of float homes managed by Bill and Laura and a friendly, competent crew. They are slowly cleaning and repairing the marina after many years of neglect. The colourful pots and hanging baskets of flowers and plants are spectular. We were too early in the season to try out the restaurant, which will open on July 1, but the General Store was open and sold delicious cinnamon buns!

    Not long after we docked, Lady Gayle arrived. We all visited on A Great Escape for a couple of hours and then did our own thing for supper. We gathered on the flybridge of Scout to visit and watch the sun set. It was our last night with A Great Escape. We will all sorely miss their wonderful company and very generous hospitality.
    Read more