Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2,603

    Mossman Gorge

    August 24, 2017 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 25 °C

    Finally on our way to Cape Tribulation !! Heading up there by car with my 2 German guys, met at the backpack in Cairns a few days ago. In good company with good music, it's already a good start. The first stop will be the Mossman Gorge, in the in the southern part of the World Heritage listed Daintree National Park. A massive river in the middle of the rainforest with clear water and shiny big rocks. The Mossman Gorge belongs to one of the arboriginal communities in Australia . The way to get there is already worth it : the road is a succession of slopes along the tropical coast showing us lonely beaches, a clear blue sea and mountains covered by the rain forest. We even manage to not miss the beautiful Rex lookout on the way indicated like always here at the very last moment ... Sportly driving is required ...!

    Arriving near the entrance to the Gorge, the view of the mountain looking up to the Gorge is impressive.

    To get to the Gorge, do it the backpacker way and go by foot. A shuttle is proposed (not for free, as you can imagine) but, honestly, you don't want to miss the barely 20 minutes walk through the forest. Well, we are backpackers, so obviously we choose the gratis way anyway, and it was really worth it! The indigenous community is settled at the entrance of the main path. A few buildings and a few cars show a simple way of life, in the middle of the nature, like in autarcy.

    Enough talking ... now, time to put the bikini on and let's take a swim in this transparent water ... my favorite activity !
    Read more