Satelit
Tampilkan pada peta
  • Hari 12

    Day 12 Villlalon de Campos to Santervas

    15 April, Spanyol ⋅ ☀️ 19 °C

    Day 12 Villalon de Campos to Santervas De Campos 16 kms

    As we put in the extra kilometres yesterday, we only had 16kms to walk today.
    The hospilardos advised us that we needed to bring food with us as there were no services in Santervas.
    We waited until 9.45am for the supermarket opened to get some provisions for tonight.
    When we got back to the Albergue, the hospilardo took his time out to show us where the trail out of town began.
    There are now two more peregrinos, Edward (73) from Belgium and Paul from U.S.A.
    The Camino meandered onto wide open plains of multi colours. You can see the small clusters of towns and villages in the distance.
    Cheng and I stopped in the only village called Fontiboyuelo en route to our destination for a snack from our rucksacks. The only person we saw asked if we were okay for water.
    We then just carried on, arriving at 1.15pm worn out by the heat.
    The hospilardo invited us in and made sure that we were comfortable. A short time later, Edward and Paul arrived just in time for a simple lunch that the hospilardo made for us. He speaks no English so I ended up trying to translate badly. As it turns out I will be pretty much making the same thing tonight of pasta and chorizo.
    Just before we ate, a van pulled up outside the Albergue with a mobile shop inside. We descended on it like locusts. So the good news is that I have a few cans of cerveza a to enjoy .
    As we cleared up, a Canadian couple arrived exhausted by the heat of the day.
    Tomorrow will be my last day. It is 19kms to Sahagun.
    I have a train booked back to Madrid tomorrow afternoon to meet up with my old pal Al Cox.
    Baca selengkapnya