Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 17

    Athens

    May 1, 2023 in Greece ⋅ ☁️ 20 °C

    Well Santorini was a dream. Sunset dining at Mama Thira , recommended by Karen and visited last week by Ian and Max. It was a warm balmy night with a magical view. Photo with the owner after we had shown him a photo of Michael and him in 2011. Very crowded cable car lines but worth the wait. We had swordfish and spaghetti with seafood - so flavorful. To the boat for dessert and Greek sweet wine. We see our favorite waiter Habib who looks after us with a window table and excellent service.
    Disembarkation is straightforward and after a quick breakfast we are met by our driver at the port. We used Welcome pickups - really recommend- reliable and good communication.
    Again a seamless transfer. I asked Royce would he do the cruise again - he said no - too hectic - 2 ports a day.
    I had visions of an MSJ reunion tour/ pilgrimage with me leading with a flag. There were lots of tour groups onboard.
    Lots of church groups.
    We have 3 nights in Athens. Royce has tickets for the hop on hop off bus and we have tickets for some major attractions. So lots more walking ahead! Lucky I’ve hit the day spa a couple of times for reflexology and massage!
    So many steps!
    Read more