Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 17

    Athens adventure

    May 1, 2023 in Greece ⋅ ☁️ 18 °C

    Enjoying lunch in a taverna near our hotel and I look over my darling husbands shoulder and I see the acrockolipse (as he calls it). It adds to the many sights I have seen over his shoulder including the Eiffel Tower, the Statue of Liberty, the Great Wall of China. A big walking morning to Parliament House, the Plaka and the botanic gardens is rewarded with a half liter of Greek white wine, fava beans, toasted bread with olive oil and halloumi salad. Thousands of steps!
    Lunch includes fava beans and and Greek white (not Chianti!) followed by halloumi salad and walnut cake washed down with ouzo. Our new hotel is available after lunch and the room is very comfortable and the reception friendly and helpful. It was a luxury escape so we have breakfast included and a bottle of wine to enjoy looking at the acrockolypse. Great value at $210 a night we think! Great location! Afternoon sightseeing walking Roman Agora, flea market more dining and shopping areas. Everywhere is interesting and something to see. We watch the sunset with a bottle of wine looking at the acropolis- not hungry after our lukamedes stop - donut balls with pistachio snd white chocolate stuffing with pistachio gelato - amazing!
    The end of a perfect first day in Athens.
    Read more