Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Boarding day

    January 11 in South Africa ⋅ ☀️ 25 °C

    A very busy boarding day today. Up early and breakfast and packing up and bags downstairs for the transfer to the ship. We decide to Uber to the waterfront and look around instead of arriving en masse with the bus transfer. This proves to be fabulous as we are the third persons to board and no queue for anything.
    The Silver Spirit is familiar even thought we have never before stepped on board as she is a sister ship to the muse and the moon which we have cruised on.
    Lunch in La Terrazza at the rear of the ship outdoors is a delight as Max navigates the Chardonnays until she finds a perfect full bodied oaky buttery one to her liking. This is great for me as I enjoy the wine she picks. Lunch is a buffet but no crowds and plenty of delicious choices with sashimi sushi fish salads pretty much anything you want.
    To our suite to meet Phillip our butler who runs us through everything. He will stock our fridge with our preferences. Unpacking, pistachio gelato, pina coladas, muster drill, fix up our shore excursion dilemmas, watch the welcome aboard show and it’s time for dinner.
    We eat at the grill on the pool deck with hot rocks cooking salmon prawns and great side dishes.
    The ship moved to a berth closer to the waterfront area and we call it a night.
    So lovely to be onboard. South Africa is perplexing in terms of its social structure and the poverty dodos you in the face. We have some lectures coming up about the country’s turbulent history which I’m sure will be fascinating.
    Early start in the morning to ride the cable car to the top of Table mountain. 🏔️
    Read more