Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    Barcelona Day 5

    May 9, 2023 in Greece ⋅ ☁️ 18 °C

    Woke up and went back to one of our favourite breakfast places, Equilibrium cafe. The food was yet again amazingly good, and we were sad to be leaving Barcelona. We’d had such a fun time and everything worked out so well; from the area we stayed in (Eiexample) and all the vegan places nearby and some lovely weather.

    After breakfast we went home to pack and checkout, and then walked to La Sagrada Familia for our 11:30am entry. Getting in was worse than going through airport security, but it was worth it — the inside is mind blowing, exactly like a forest as Gaudi intended. The structure of the church is insane!

    We spent more time inside than we expected, so then we had to rush back to the hotel and grab some lunch at a nearby açai restaurant before heading to the airport.

    Our arrival in Santorini was seamless and quick, before we knew it we were at our accomodation. The staff were very apologetic because of a power outage, but it came back 5 minutes after our arrival. A lovely man carried our bags to our room and gave us a run down. Angela the owner called and said she’d left a salad in the fridge with some wine as we got in so late. The place is absolutely beautiful.

    Step count: 11,350

    Highlights of Barcelona:
    - supermercat instead of supermarket.
    - incredible food - Santo Gallo
    - hotel birthday surprises
    - the digital art exhibition on casa Batllo
    - Barcelona in general is just incredible - there is so much to see and do
    Read more