Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    Santorini Day 4/Naxos Day 1

    May 13, 2023 in Greece ⋅ ☀️ 18 °C

    Our last morning in Santorini started with getting up and taking in the view from our balcony and of course one last breakfast! We certainly savoured the moment and took lots of photos. We are so sad to be leaving this beautiful place — the people were lovely and took great care of us. But now we’re so excited for our next stop, Naxos.

    We got a lift down to the port to catch a ferry across to Naxos. The road zig-zagged down the massive hill and the traffic was chaotic, not helped (or was it?) by the fact our driver was straight out of the fast and furious. There were a heap of people waiting for the ferry, and once it arrived (35mins late) things got hectic — they quickly shuffle you on and you have to drop your bags down quickly as you’re ushered upstairs to find your allocated seat. Once we sat down it wasn’t too bad, but thank goodness we were the first stop.

    We arrived in Naxos! It’s a stunning little town with Apollo’s doorway as it’s symbol. It’s very different from Santorini which is on the top of the hill with winding streets and steps. Naxos is nowhere near as high up as you’ll see in the photos. There are also so many stray cats around.

    We were able to walk to our place which is a beautiful little unit. It’s so nice to have a couch to relax on. This place also does a laundry service - and we are in need of it. We dropped our bags off and went out for lunch for some classic gyros. We later wandered around the streets of Naxos and then went out for dinner for some fish - it wasn’t as good as Santorini but still delicious.

    We were pretty tired from our day of travel so headed home to watch the replay of the dogs win. We were impressed by James O’Donnell’s first game.

    Highlights of Santorini:
    - seafood
    - view from our balcony
    - catching the sunset on our final night
    Read more