Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 26

    Florence Day 2

    May 29, 2023 in Italy ⋅ ☀️ 26 °C

    We're staying in a B&B in Florence, so we woke up and collected our breakfast tray from reception. It was pretty basic (normal Italian sweet breakfast) but it was nice not having to worry about food first thing on going out. We then went to the Duomo to do the bell tower climb -- we booked too late to get Dome climb tickets but the bell tower was pretty good. It was almost as high as the Dome and the views of Florence were pretty amazing. After coming down from the bell tower we went into the Baptistry, but unfortunately the ceiling was under maintenance so there wasn't a whole lot to see.

    We then headed home for a quick rest, then went out again for Steve to get a much needed beard trim and Tegan to get a much needed chai.

    We weren't sure what to do in the afternoon -- we tried to go to the San Marco Museum but that was closed so instead we went to the Bargello Gallery, which has a huge collection of Renaissance sculptures. The gallery was great and not too strenuous (we need to keep our energy for the Uffizi and Accademia galleries tomorrow).

    We then stopped off at home and went for an afternoon drink at Alibi, a craft beer place. We ate a wonderful dinner at Da Garibardi and topped it off with some delicious gelato from my sugar! Best dark chocolate and strawberry 🍓
    Read more