Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 37

    Salzburg Day 1

    June 9, 2023 in Austria ⋅ ☀️ 24 °C

    We caught the train from Ljubljana and were meant to be on it until Salzburg but half way through our journey everyone had to get off with no explanation. We followed the crowd to the company ticket office and waited for next steps. The next train was in and hour and a half. While we were waiting a man with his young daughter came in and was yelling about the ridiculousness of the situation. They called security but he had left by the time they arrived. We sat in a nearby cafe and watched the first half of the Dogs vs Port Adelaide — a frustrating start.

    We went and got on our train but we didn’t have reserved seats anymore, so we sat down knowing we could be in someone’s seat and 10 mins in we were kicked out of our seats. We stood between the carriages near the toilet for 2 hours and 45 mins. Lucky we were able to watch the game which killed some time but we were so over it by time we made it.

    We walked 10 minutes to our hotel and rested for a while before heading out to dinner at Spicy spices, an indian place which was delicious. We then went to a tiny little music festival in a nearby town which was smaller then we expected but it was lovely to watch some live music. The little town was beautiful and it was nice to view the rolling green hills as we caught the bus back home.
    Read more