Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Day 5:Salzburg

    July 13, 2019 in Austria ⋅ 🌧 15 °C

    We spend the night at Innsbruck train station's waiting room along with many homeless. A security guard doesn't hesitate to interrupt our rest to ask us if a random bike is ours, and she also strictly reminds us that sleeping is totally prohibited in this place (so be careful if you ever want to take a nap here). 😒

    We take the first train to Salzburg which allows us to be there at 7 AM. This fact isn't a banality: indeed, we now belong to an upper social class, the early-waking-up-poor-homeless tourists, which is of course better than the poor-homeless-stinking tourist category we were in before going to Salzburg.

    After checking out the empty streets of the beautiful city (that has nothing but Mozart stuff), we decide to climb the hill to the spectacular castle. We are invited to enter by a really nice worker, a gesture that saves us from paying the €12 entrance fee (as I said, we have some privileges considering our new social class). We enjoy a very scenic walk around a promenade located on top of the city's hills. After that, we go back to the Old Town where we find out quite outraged that foreign visitors have taken over, and that we can't barely walk on the streets- we belong to an upper category now. We can only say here: TOURISTS GO HOME.

    Other stuff from Salzburg I will quickly synthesize: Amé becoming crazy about Mozart's marzipans and buying a lot of them, a shitty hotel, a random woman who talks to us about big doors, Amé loving some bizar puppets and a very happy Indian guy taking kitschy pics of himself in the Puppet Museum.
    Read more