Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Barcelona Day 2

    April 9, 2023 in Spain ⋅ ☁️ 18 °C

    ¡Feliz Pascua! Happy Easter! What a beautiful experience to be in such a God fearing country (as my Dad would say) the devotion they have to their faith is both inspiring and exciting partaking in. We went to Easter Sunday mass at the Cathedral of Barcelona, from what I read I thought getting there 45 minutes early would barely guarantee us a seat in the massive church. Lucky for me but unfortunately for Kyle’s patience and stomach (no public bathroom here) we weren’t even allowed to enter until 8:30 for a 9:00 mass. They did not allow pictures during the celebration but it was breathtaking inside, so many dedications to different saints, kyle described it as the most gothic and history bearing church he’s ever been in. Sainte Anne’s is a close second LOL!

    We went to a brunch place that reminded us both a lot of American upscale brunch (instagram worthy and expensive) not that great and spent maybe 3 hours between the wait and our food came before our drinks and that’s when we canceled our “bottomless aperols”. We ventured out to Parc de la Ciutadella, found a sangria bar on the way and the park was very different than back home. More monuments and dirt with trees. But it seemed endless! We saw a dance class going on that Kyle refused to participate in, also afraid to be pickpocketed but also we would not have been able to keep up as you can see in the video.

    We tracked back to the hotel to get our steps in and coincidentally found a show right back in front of the Cathedral, kyle was convinced once again he was going to be pick pocketed but watching the show I convinced him to spare 40 cents to the performers lol.

    For dinner we found a cute spot with of course patatas bravas but also one of the most amazing filet, mini cheeseburgers and I mean REALLY mini, with churros for desert. Kyle was especially excited for the homemade churros we watched be made.

    We had not yet had a liquor drink so I googled a cocktail bar, found a place called Hemingways (The Sun Also Rises is one of my favorite literature reads from high school) and their drinks were quite impressive. We accidentally both ordered drinks that went hand in hand, Kyle “The Jon Snow” and Molly “Mother of Dragons”. We enjoyed those, plus an Espresso Martini from a pipe straw, and met a couple from Philly where we were excited to speak English with some people. Between all five drinks we would have spent double the cost at a place like Ebenezer so we are loving the prices here.

    On our way home we ended up grabbing a few more drinks on the way home. We listened to some live music next to our hotel and then FaceTimed our families to say Happy Easter! Weird not being with family but we enjoyed our day and had a great amount of time for reflection and appreciation of this life we’re excited to build starting June 9th!
    Read more