Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 74

    Day 74 - Vioolsdrift

    May 28, 2022 in South Africa ⋅ ☀️ 20 °C

    The whole day was spent in the Boardroom and was an admin and planning day for the week ahead. Washing, cooking some prepared meals for us on the move and even getting a glimpse of the Monaco Grand Prix Qualifying in the open pub, overlooking the Orange River.

    It would appear that a 'Cold Front' has moved over today, and there is a cold wind blowing. Compared to the Western Cape vinyards, which have already lost their brown leaves, here the Northern Cape vines are only now feeling it and slowly getting the sniff of winter lurking. Green leaves are fading, turning purple and orange and starting to go to ground.

    Time for us spent here, alone in the quiet desert, the sea, in the mountains, and vineyards along the banks of the river is precious. We shudder even thinking that we are on the back end of this trip. Though excited about the next chapter, we dont want this to end and everyday we consult brochures, maps, people and enquire as to the next move, prolonging the inevitable. Obviously we also have our own agenda and priorities but there is just so much, that none of us even know about. We just cant afford to skip a beat and search for reasons to extend this trip. That we are not under any pressure to return to anywhere nor any deadlines to meet, makes our lives so easy to kickback and enjoy.... smell the Rose's!

    Different things that happen every day reminds us of each of you, in different ways and we miss you all!

    Love, Peace and Light!
    M&K
    👍💐
    Read more