Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 101

    Tassie Tour: Last Day

    March 27, 2022 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 23 °C

    Hobart

    Our final day in Tassie and we spent it in the state capital, Hobart . At only 200k people it is still pretty small but feels to us like a massive metropolis compared to the tiny towns and villages we have stayed in over the last 10 days. We had a lesiurely morning stroll around the Farmers market and found some baked goods for breakfast before hitting the Docks and Wharfs to soak up some sun, we had clear blue skies on our last day.

    In the afternoon we went over to Mona, a Museum of the Old and New Art. Calling it a museum is really a disservice as it is more of an all encompassing experience of mind, body and soul 😄. Maybe over doing it a bit, but it is a curated view into the mind of eccentric art collector David Walsh. Like a cross between Manrique, Picasso and Hirst , it is a purpose built living gallery to showcase art through the ages, from ancient Egyptian hieroglyphs right up to a piece of music which is composed live during the day and perform for the first and only time at 4pm. It embraces technology and uses a digital app as a museum companion providing insights and interviews for all the works as you explore the 'galleries' and experiences. A really interesting museum to lose yourself in for a day. A very enjoyable and unique adventure.

    We had our last dinner in a cute little pizzeria next to our hotel and treated ourselves to a bottle of Tasmania red wine!
    Read more