Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 143

    Springbrook National Park

    May 8, 2022 in Australia ⋅ ☁️ 13 °C

    We ditched the city to head inland to the Springbrook national park, highly recommend by an Uber driver we had in Brisbane, and it didn't disappoint. We booked ourselves into a fancy forest chalet, a very nice Easter present from Claire and Ronan (thanks!). We had our own log fire, hot tub and Jacuzzi Bathtub, perfect after a long day walking in the park.

    We started with a light 7km walk circuit from the top of Purling Falls down to the bottom and back up the other side, with all the rains the falls did look spectacular and even had a little rainbow at the bottom, the sun must have been out. The paths were very muddy from the rain, our shoes took a hit!

    'Luckily' for us normal service resumed and the next day the heavens opened again. We managed to find a break in the clouds long enough to get out and do the Twin Falls circuit, although we did dress for all seasons just in case. This circuit brought us in and out of clouds (creating a very spooky atmosphere) and made us walk behind a few waterfalls and through some caves, we really enjoyed it!

    Along these walks, as usual there are signs to tell us more about the trees, the fauna and the flora, well...after all these walks in Queensland Forests we can probably say that we've seen it all! We could anticipate what the signs would tell us! Maybe a sign that our time in Australia is coming to an end...

    Our last day up in the forest and we headed over to the Natural Bridge, carved by years of flowing water a big hole in the roof of a cave was created which has caused a natural Bridge over the waterfall. Very impressive. And on the way saw our first tree kangaroos here! Well we assumed they were tree kangaroos even if we saw them on the road... Yes! After rock wallabies tree kangaroo is a thing!
    Read more