Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Navini

    March 4, 2023 in Fiji ⋅ ☁️ 25 °C

    Stepping foot on the beach when we arrived was wonderful. We were greeted and walked up to the main area. During the walk we were told we will be the only guests on the island for our stay! After breakfast, we saw Losalini from our last visit and she gave us both a hug. We headed to our room. I jumped in the shower, B headed to the outdoor daybed. After my shower I tried to nap a little, and B napped too.

    I got up at around 12pm and felt a bit better, so I started my first book. At 1pm we heard the beating of the drum so headed to lunch and then read for a bit in the main area. We then went back to our room. The afternoon consisted of more relaxing - reading, playing a few card games, a slow walk along the beach with my feet in the water (amazing), watching the waves come and go, watching the boys attach logs of driftwood to the boat cable and reel it in (with the boys attached) . We think they were moving the driftwood (likely brought in by the waves from the recent cyclones. Fiji itself didnt suffer any damage, just winds and increased seas).

    We headed up to dinner and then read for a little afterwards before headed back to our bure for a very early night. We can both already feel the hustle and bustle of every day life and work slipping away, Navini island is good at that.

    Breakfast: fruit, crossaint and coffee (B), oatmeal with grilled banana and tea (A)
    Lunch: karaage chicken sliders with homemade crisps and salad (B), spinach and ricotta roll with salad (A), citrus cake (B), island made icecream (A).
    Dinner: salt and pepper squid with veggies and rice (B), coconut crusted chicken with veggies and rice (A), homemade pineapple strudel (A+B).
    Read more