Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Weaving, wind and walks

    March 5, 2023 in Fiji ⋅ 🌧 24 °C

    After a windy night, we woke and headed to breakfast. After breakfast we played chess before a basket weaving session with Dumu. It was probably more chatting than weaving, but we ended up with two baskets.

    We then headed back to our bure for some reading and a small snooze before lunch. We read on the daybed and watched a storm roll across the ocean (the aftermath of cyclone Kevin, which passed through Vanuatu and is on his way away from Fiji).

    We headed up to the main area for lunch and a few chess games before coming back for another reading session. By mid afternoon we were ready for a stroll, so we walked along the beach looking at shells and other washed up items. While looking at the ocean, we got caught in a downpour so we ran to the watersports bure and watched the storm from a bench there. Eventually the rain stopped and we made our way back up the beach, past our bure to the rocks. Here we watched the waves crash over the rocks, and saw lots of crabs clinging to the rocks.

    We headed back to our bure and before long it was time to head up for drinks and dinner (and another game of chess). On the way we scared poor Joyce who was beating the drum to signify dinner.

    After dinner we headed back to our bure (with dessert) to relax a little before bed. The weather is supposed to get a bit better tomorrow, but to be honest, we've been enjoying the downtime. Lots of reading and enjoying the view. As B said "Navini is just beautiful, even when it rains".

    Breakfast: pancakes (A+B)
    Lunch: spicy Thai chicken noodles (B), fish and cassava chips (A), carrot cake (A+B)
    Dinner: panko crumbed fish (B), roast chicken with stuffing and gravy (A - soooo delicious), lumberjack cake (A+B).
    Read more