Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    Snorkelling and snoozing

    March 8, 2023 in Fiji ⋅ ☁️ 23 °C

    We woke up to lots of sun this morning! We headed up to breakfast and enjoyed the sunny outlook before getting ready for another snorkelling trip - this time to Honeymoon Island.

    There was no one else there when we arrived, and the water looked very clear - after jumping in we realised the visibility was much better than yesterday. We snorkelled along the reef which surrounds the island and saw lots of coral, big fish and massive schools of fish. We snorkelled 3/4 of the island in about an hour. We then got back on the boat and headed back to Navini.

    We rinsed off and settled into some reading before lunch.

    We then headed up to lunch at 1pm, then played some chess, gave Harry the dog a nice long scratch and meandered back to our bure. The weather got more windy in the afternoon, and I squeezed in a nap before a casual walk along the beach just after 4pm.

    More reading just before we headed up to the main area at 6:30pm. We had some drinks and listened to Dumu telling us about Fijian Culture before having a candlelit dinner and watching the lights in the distance.

    After dinner we headed back to our bure and were asleep before too long.

    Breakfast: oatmeal with caramelised bananas (A+B), fruit and toast

    Lunch: beef burger with cassava chips and salad (B), poached coconut prawn salad (A), icecream (B), eclair (A)

    Dinner: filled wontons with dipping sauce (A+B), pork cutlet with pineapple sauce and veggies (A), Sichuan chicken stir fry (B), pavlova (A+B)
    Read more