Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    On and in the water

    March 8, 2023 in Fiji ⋅ ⛅ 24 °C

    Today we woke to another sunny morning and headed up to breakfast. The best thing about being on Navini is choosing what you want to do - B had mentioned he wanted to do some hand line fishing while here so today was the day!

    After breakfast we headed to our bure to get ready and at 9:30am we were on the boat. We trawled for a little while (slow boating with fishing reels in the water) and then reeled the lines in and headed to a fishing spot. We didn't have much luck so tried another spot. Dumu caught a snapper, so he cut him up and we used him as bait. We tried another few spots; Dumu caught a yellow tail and B caught a good sized snapper. Kooli and I were empty handed. On the way back, we noticed the water was flat - the first time since we've been here. We had fun taking a really wide and fast spin around the island before slowing down and cruising into the shallows to allow us to disembark. We arrived back at 12:30pm, just enough time to get ready for lunch.

    After lunch we relaxed and might have had a small snooze before we snorkelled off the beach. Despite it being flat, the water was still a bit murky, but we headed a little way off the beach and saw some fish, starfish and some coral. We thought we were getting bitten by sea lice so we returned to the beach and sat and enjoyed the sun for a little while, before reading on the sunlounges and then retreating to the cool fan inside.

    At about 6:30pm we headed up to the main area for a game of chess and then dinner. Dinner tonight was candlelit on the beach with the sunset in the distance and waves lightly crashing against the shore. A pretty great last night in Fiji.

    Breakfast: crossaints, fruit and toast (A+B)

    Lunch: grilled fish in fusilli pasta and salad (A), slow cooked pork roll with BBQ sauce and homemade crisps (B), coconut panacotta (A+B)

    Dinner: ika vakalolo (fish in coconut) with cassava and veggies, key lime pie (A+B)
    Read more