Satelit
Tampilkan pada peta
  • Hari 18

    Flying Fox & Shiv Mandir Temple

    26 Desember 2023, India ⋅ ☀️ 19 °C

    Flying over Jodhpur was actually an activity planned for yesterday. Unfortunately, Hannah caught the "Delhi Belly" and got a high fever, a cold and also diarrhea. Poor Hannah! She feels very bad,
    So I postponed the "Flying Fox" tour until today. As she is still ill, I have to do it alone. What fun it was! I was really scared at first because I'm not really a big fan of heights and such activities, but I have to admit, it was really fun to see the surroundings of Mehrangarh Fort and the blue city from above.

    In the afternoon, I strolled through the city and observed the daily life of the citizens of Jodhpur. In the narrow streets of the old town, many traders and craftsmen can be seen at work on the first floors of the houses. Whether it is the miller, the blacksmith or one of the craftsmen making colorful bangles, handicrafts are very present in the cityscape. The trades are usually crowded together in one quarter of the town. The small fabric wholesalers' stores are bursting with colorful bales of fabric made from a wide variety of materials. The city is known far beyond its borders for the colorful batik cotton fabrics that are produced in Jodhpur and the surrounding area.

    Finally, I visited the Shiv Mandir temple, which is dedicated to Lord Shiva and is rich in fresco paintings on the walls and ceilings, some of which are very well preserved. A 250-year-old statue of Ganash is not visible at first glance. It is hidden in the basement and you have to look in through a barred opening.
    Baca selengkapnya