Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 28

    San Francisco

    April 19, 2023 in the United States

    We loved San Francisco! Our first few nights were spent at a hotel in Union Square, which is the downtown shopping district. However, we spent most of our time elsewhere - thanks to the awesome public transport system - this was easy!

    Our first touristy adventure was hiring bikes and cycling across the Golden Gate bridge. This gave us amazing views looking back on the city, as well as passing by the Marina District, which is lined with incredible houses!

    That same night, we went to watch the Giants vs. Mets baseball game, and although the Giants lost, we went for kick-ons at a cocktail bar we spied, called Peacekeeper.

    The next day, we explored Haight Street and some of Golden Gate Park (we missed 420 on Hippie Hill by one day...). Haight Street was super quirky and had a hippie vibe to it as well. I loved the vintage shops and would have bought a lot if I had any room!

    Later that afternoon, we moved to stay in Cow Hollow for our house sit, looking after 3 cats. We much preferred this area of town, with its local grocers, bars, and restaurants. Plus, a lot less homeless people. Whilst in Cow Hollow, we visited Mrs Doubtfire's House, Lombard Street (the world's crookedest), visited Alcatraz, and took the cable car. We even found a local happy hour with $1.99 mimosas, $2.99 beers, and $3.99 wines!

    After our house-sit, we went back into town for one more night, where we visited Salesforce Park (an elevated mid-city park), and went out for dinner at Fino, where I had THE best gf fettuccine!

    We left the next day, renting a car and driving over the Golden Gate bridge into Sausalito, which also has beautiful views back onto San Francisco.
    Read more