Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 18

    Relaxing at the Banyan

    October 16, 2017 in Vietnam ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C

    We, and Daniel, started the day with yoga looking over the lagoon. After a good stretch we met back up with Leila and headed for breakfast. Again, in great detail, we were introduced to each station at the buffet - breads, fresh eggs to order, Vietnamese food, fruits and yoghurts, pancakes, cheeses and much much more. We overfilled our tummies with the wide selection, whereas Daniel and Leila seemed to somehow have more self control.
    At midday they went off for a massage each and we went for a wander round the resort in search of the best place for dinner, we then went to a Vietnamese cooking class, booked kindly as a birthday treat for Kerry. Here, we learnt to make fresh spring rolls with chilli sauce and traditional beef noodle Pho (soup). Just as we were finishing up the parents popped in and saw our final creations. We then had the chance to taste them for our lunch, yum!
    Later, in a break between the rain showers, David and Daniel headed to the golf course for a quick 9 holes while Kerry and Leila relaxed at the villa. We met up again at the happy hour before getting a buggy over to the sister resort next door to 'The Rice Bowl' where we had a delicious dinner sitting in a private 'pod'.
    Read more