Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    Vegas

    October 14, 2022 in the United States β‹… πŸŒ™ 26 Β°C

    We got in. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ•ΊπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ»

    Had to clear customs but could do the questions together so that was good.
    Then had to get our bags - all 3 arrived. Another huzzah moment.
    Dropped them off - this was a tad unofficial so we’ll see if they turn up lol.
    We then had to find our domestic terminal which was easy but tedious.
    Had a quick wee stop and the toilet doors are ridiculous. Will could crawl under the door the gap is so big. A 2 year old could walk clean under.

    Went through TSA crap again and had to take off shoes to Wills delight. He is crashing rapidly. Still has a sore throat and hasn’t slept properly in days.
    Has the shits big time. Once we arrive he is being drugged and sent to bed.
    LAX is shite.
    Found our fancy lounge though - much more impressive than QANTAS’s. Better buffet and more drink options.
    1 hour more til boarding.

    Will is straight up stressing me out with his very loud moaning and groaning and coughing.
    We have time to recover before wedding but we do not want him to have to take a Covid test and dun dun DUNNNNN fuck up everything.

    Should have left the lounge earlier. Only in the main section for 10 minutes and had a terrific time.
    Saw a dog poop on the floor and an embarrassed Mum pick it up - forgot dogs are allowed. Love it.
    Best part was overhearing a phone conversation that started with “no, I don’t need a transfer to a hotel I’m not staying at because someone didn’t do their job” to “I’ll be contacting my lawyer and I’m going to sue you.”
    Then he hung up.
    It was amazing.
    10/10 American show.

    Boarded the plane and had a 5 word exchange with a British man (become relevant in a moment)
    Domestic first class is as expected - premium economy.
    Just a quick hour flight then we landed.
    Immediately as you walk into the airport there are poker machines πŸ˜†

    Went to get our bags. Wedding dress one arrived first - brilliant.
    Then mine.

    Then we noticed the same bag as Wills get picked up by a bloke, I did a sneaky look and it was his bag and not Wills so walked away and watched them collect their second bag (also the same black duffel)
    Time passes and another black duffel appears, but it’s not ours.
    😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬
    Tag is for England.
    Dude who took the same bag is British.
    Unlikely to be a 3rd party with same bag.
    πŸ’‘πŸ’‘ he has our bag. πŸ˜ͺ
    We raced around the airport looking for him but he was gone.
    I checked the other bag for a number but there wasn’t one so I took it to the American Airlines baggage claim and said this guy took the wrong bag.
    She was incredible. No messing around, straight on the phone and straight to the point with him. He said he took the right bag and she got all American blunt and was all “I wouldn’t be calling you if you did” the tude was hectic hahah.
    She ain’t taking shit.
    Anyways, he returned it and crisis averted. He apologized profusely.

    Caught our taxi for $25 - we had $30 so I intended to give him a $5 tip but he gave Will back some $1’s and Will kept them all hahah yeww.

    Check in like was so lonnnnng. We paid $25 for an early checkin cause Will is done.
    He is currently sleeping - I went out and got us throat numbing spray and a wall changer.

    We have awoken, he is still miserable πŸ˜”
    I went out to get us food from the Earl of sandwich. Pretty good. Pleased with how our money card is working.

    Currently 9pm. Total waste of a day but we need him to be better in time for the wedding. Wish we didn’t have to swap hotels in the morning πŸ˜“
    Read more