Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Vegas

    October 15, 2022 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 26 °C

    So.
    Neither of us has slept.
    And I am currently in the waiting room at the hospital.
    It’s going well 😬😬😬

    He is crook.
    He has 4 full days to recover if we get his some drugs early. Hopefully it is something that can be treated with antibiotics and we aren’t about to spend a gazillion dollars for no reason and gives him hope rather than you just have to put up with it.

    Sooo. We spent a gazillion dollars for no reason.
    But in reality it could have been so much worse. Once I was allowed into the hospital room with him I got told they had taken a swab to check for strep throat. I asked how much as she said about $3500.
    Holy balls.
    Had a little cry in the corner.
    Went down to $2400 once she did the proper maths.
    Then it was such a big fuss of me trying to convert money onto our Travel card. I had to activate my roaming but still not a strong enough signal and it kept declining.
    Found some Wi-Fi and got it done. Was worried because if I didn’t have USD preloaded on the card they take a lovely conversion fee.
    Went back in and Maria R. Is the champion of the day charging us only $1200 which is still OUTRAGEOUS and next level HORRIFYING but I’ll take it. Bless you 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
    Converts to about $2000 because of our delightful exchange rate.
    I hate this country.
    I’d like to start enjoying our holiday please.
    He got a prescription for ibuprofen.

    Went back to the hotel and had to pack cause we had to check out. Not stressful at all..

    Could have walked to Caesar’s but got a taxi because what’s another $10 when you have already spent a fortune.
    We paid for an early check in but it still wasn’t ready so we went to McDonald’s and to fill his prescription.

    Got his drugs and went to reception because I had a billing question. When we went to check in earlier a transaction was denied - so we fixed it.
    They charge $50 a day resort fee and then $100 a day in case we trash the room so another $1100 spent today.

    In conclusion, we have spent more today than I budgeted for all of America 😄
    At least we do in theory get $700 back but not til 10-15 business days after check out.
    Man.
    The mood is lowwww.

    We still need to go to the courthouse.
    Hopefully tomorrow.

    Just hung out in our room. Completely wasting our time but the point of Vegas is a wedding so I’ll suck it up because that’s way more important.

    I’m currently back at Earl of Sandwich because we really enjoyed dinner last night. Will stayed in hotel.
    It was about a 20 minute walk each way.

    I tried on wedding dress earlier and have decided to not have it steamed.

    Sleep pattern is fucked. Asleep at 8:30 awake at 12:30. Looked at this lamp in the dark for like the next 4 hours.
    Read more