Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Vegas

    October 17, 2022 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 29 °C

    Didn’t sleep again. Terrific.
    We were still up watching house hunters and other reno shows while waiting for Wills next pill time which was like 4am 👍🏼
    Got some Zzz and up by 9:30.
    Dad not replying to me which is stressing me out because I’d assume like a normal person he would use his phone during his layover. I’m hoping it’s not because they have been denied entry and put back on a long plane to Australia or mums been arrested for drug smuggling. Lolz.
    I have no idea what time they are meant to arrive so just wasting our morning waiting really. Really need to get to the courthouse.
    Would leave them to fend for themself if reception had seating. But it doesn’t and Mum will be dying by now so we will wait. Got so stressed I even activated my global roaming again in case he can’t see email and because Wills phone is off - tried to send a text but doesn’t work.
    Day 3 of 3 of roaming for no reason. LOVE wasting money.
    This morning we have showered then walked to get Will a new charger quickly. We walked past the bellagio fountain show except it wasn’t on yet. Must actually see before we go, not having mch luck with it. 🤦🏼‍♀️
    Went the long way to the pharmacy cause there was this half naked dude angry yelling at anyone and anything and frankly could have become violent so we walked around him
    How good are drugs though 👍🏼👍🏼
    Got him a new cord and some apples cause we both feel vitamin deficient.

    Just waiting.

    More waiting.

    Very quickly getting simultaneously angry and unbelievably stressed.

    Sent dad a text off Wills phone cause it charged in time basically saying don’t know where you are and we need to leave and that they need to check in early.

    Literally as we were leaving the hotel they were walking in and I cried in relief. Dad said his phone was on airplane mode.
    You are not on an airplane Trevor.
    It’s literally the first thing they tell you when you land “it’s 8:05 local time and you may now switch your phone off airplane mode.” 🙄

    We went to maccas cause we hadn’t eaten and it’s the cheapest option 🤷🏼‍♀️
    Then walked up a bit to the Venician hotel which was nice on the outside and got a taxi from there to the marriage license bureau.
    Just had to line up for maybe 10 mins then got seen by a lady. We had to verify ID, swear under oath with our right hand up that our info was accurate (lol) , pick our certificate design and pay. We then walked about 500m to the pawn store from Pawn Stars which was my highlight of the day. Went inside the store and it was much smaller than I envisioned. Essentially just a long room.
    Lots of cool stuff for sale. A few Picassos. Only a couple thousand. (2-3) we don’t know if that means they are prints or not?
    If the exchange rate wasn’t so bad we would consider buying one if real haha.
    We then walked to the a fair distance to the outlets stores and Will was dying by now and needed a drink. The sun was so hot.
    Of course the outlets are outdoors and not a centre 🥵🥵
    Found a vending machine. Didn’t specify prices an you had to pay before selecting.
    Chose a sprite.
    $6.50. Which is $10.50 AUD. Absolutely go get fucked.
    We went to adidas and Nike. Bought a shirt at Adidas for $12.50 so still cheaper which crap exchange.
    Went to Nike for a hat but terrible selection so went to a hat store and got ripped off. I do love it though and I need it cause the Vegas glare is insane. I’ll suck it up for this one haha .
    Got a taxi back to hotel. Our driver was really chatty. Will complained about America to her a lot 😆
    We got home and sussed what we wanted for dinner then headed over next door to the Bellagio for their fountain show which was actually really good. The water is choreographed to music. I dont know if the music changed but we had Billy Jean by Michael Jackson.
    We then got subway and headed home.
    Good day, actually did things.
    Read more